Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Shiny New Stuff!

I have some shiny new stuff to announce:

First, BLOOD SECRETS, Book 2 in the Alexandra Sabian series, is once again with my wonderful editor. Yes, the revisions are done! Yay! It's slated for release in summer 2011. As soon as I have a confirmed release date, I'll let everyone know.

While I'm on the subjectof BLOOD SECRETS, be sure to check out the listing on Goodreads...which now includes the following description:

WHEN ALEXANDRA SABIAN SINKS HER TEETH INTO AN INVESTIGATION, SHE DOESN’T LET GO.

Alex let a case of murdered vamps get personal and is suspended from the Federal Bureau of Preternatural Investigation. Now she’s facing an official inquiry but has a chance to redeem herself. The catch: she must once again work with Varik Baudelaire, her former mentor and ex-fiancĂ©, as he spearheads a search for a missing college student. But Varik has been keeping secrets from Alex and his mysterious past is on a collision course with his present.

When Alex and Varik discover a carefully handcrafted doll at a crime scene, neither of them can see how close the danger really is or that a killer known as the Dollmaker has made Alex the object of his horrific desire. Now the only way out of the Dollmaker’s lair is through the twilight realm of the Shadowlands, where all secrets—for better or worse—will be revealed.


Yes, Alex and Varik are back and in trouble...a lot of trouble. I'm really excited about BLOOD SECRETS and hope this give y'all a little glimpse of what's to come so you can be excited too.

My second big announcement has just been confirmed. I'll actually have two releases next year! BLOOD SECRETS in the summer and a short story in THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF GHOST ROMANCE in the fall! The anthology will be released in the UK in September and the US in October. It's my first major foray into the world of anthologies, and I'm very excited and honored to have been invited to be a part of it. How could I not be with a cover like this?

I'll keep everyone updated on release dates and such as I can. Thanks to all my readers who have made BLOOD LAW a success and who have contacted me to let me know how much they enjoy the book. I hope I can continue to entertain you for many years to come.

- Jeannie

4 comments:

Rhianna said...

Hooray! So happy for you Jeannie! Blood Secrets sounds very exciting and as a big fan of the Mammoth books I look forward to seeing your anthology "debut".

Jeannie Holmes said...

Thanks, Rhianna! I'm very happy about both books. The ghost story is going to be fun. I haven't written a lot of short stories, but I love a good ghost story. :)

Jeannie Holmes said...

Thanks, Sabrina! I've been dying to tell people about Blood Secrets, and the anthology is going to be a lot of fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Darnit! I have to wait until next October for The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance, gerrrrr! ha ha, why am I complaining, it will be my crappy luck I won't even get Blood Law until next Octber. Stinking boonies! Why don't they have decent book stores in the swamps?

lol, anyways. Congrats on the awesome upcoming releases, and your success with Blood Law. :) *does snoopy dance for you* Whoot whoot!