Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Big Announcement -- The Book Formerly Titled CRIMSON SWAN

As often happens in publishing, book titles change. Why they change can vary and really unimportant in the grand scheme. What matters is that the title is memorable and reflects the story unfolding between the covers. With that said, my debut novel has undergone a title change and I couldn't be more excited...


CRIMSON SWAN is now officially titled BLOOD LAW!
Poster from ThrillerFest 2009 advertising Random House books and authors, including BLOOD LAW by Jeannie Holmes. No, that isn't the official cover. Cover art hasn't yet been created for BLOOD LAW.


Title changes aren't made lightly and without due consideration. Changing to BLOOD LAW is a joint decision between my publisher, my editor, and myself. We all feel that it better captures the essence of the story and we're all super excited about it.

Also new is the release date. BLOOD LAW is slated for release next summer (2010) from Bantam Dell. I'll keep you, my loyal minions, posted on the date as the release draws closer.

During my recent trip to New York, I discussed Book 2 with my editor and many other things. I can't reveal everything yet -- Patience, my minions, patience! -- but it's all good...really good...evilly good, in fact. Trust me.

In closing, I'd like to thank you, my loyal minions, for your early and continued support for BLOOD LAW. You'll be rewarded.

Thanks to Ms. Agent for her words of wisdom, insight, and unfaltering guidance. You're the bestest!

Thanks to Ms. Editor for her understanding, flexibility, and the occasional swift kick in the ass. It's much appreciated and that thing you wanted will be on your desk by week's end.

No comments: