Sunday, September 13, 2009

I really should update this more often...

Quick update and then it's back to work:

I don't have much to report on BLOOD LAW other than to say thanks to everyone who's supported me and the book this far. Hang in there, guys!

Currently, I'm working on the sequel to BLOOD LAW. Lots of cool stuff happening in this one. Of course, I can't tell you about any of it yet. You'll just have to wait. (Yes, I'm one of *those* evil authors.)

And... I'm now officially one of the cool kids. My membership in the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America was confirmed today (August 13)! Yay!

Bouchercon 2009 is rapidly approaching and I'm looking forward to it. I have a lot of writer friends who will be there as well and I always love to see them. Also looking forward to meeting some of my advance supporters -- you know who you are! Bouchercon will be my final conference for the year so I can concentrate on the next book. The conference schedule for 2010 is already in the planning stages. I'll announce where I'll be and when as the dates are confirmed.

A little birdie told me that my friend and mentor, Carolyn Haines, has a new book available -- GREEDY BONES. I've also been told that page 124 is particularly interesting...but I can say no more. Go buy the book if you want to know. *eg*

Speaking of Carolyn Haines, DELTA BLUES, a collection of short crime stories set in the Mississippi Delta will be published by Tyrus Books in spring 2010. Some of the contributing authors include Charlaine Harris, John Grisham, James Lee Burke, Toni L. P. Kelner, and many more. Carolyn served as the editor for the anthology. Be sure to check out the DELTA BLUES website for more information.

I think that covers all the news that isn't really news. Now, it's back to work.

TTFN JKH

No comments: